KICK THE BOARDS USMLE STEP 2 CK NOTES BY IRFAN MIR PDF
KICK THE BOARDS USMLE STEP 2 CK NOTES BY IRFAN MIR PDF is the best review guide to prepare for your USMLE exams here is some triads and signs from this book. Virchow Triad — vascular Stasis + endothelial damage + hypercoagubility. ( it is the risk factor for DVT ).
* Trousseau’s sign: pumping up blood pressure cuff on arm elicit carpopedal spasm (tetany) due to hypocalcemia.
* Chvostek’s sign — Tapping of the facial nerve elicit tetany due to hypocalcemia.
* Tinel’s sign — tapping of volar surface of the wrist elicit Paresthesia of hand in Carpel tunnel $.
* Prehn’s sign — Elevation of painful testicles relief pain suggest Epididimitis ( versus testicular torsion).
* Kehr’s sign — Pain on the left shoulder with ruptured spleen.
* Ortalini’s sign/test: abduction of flexed hip produce palpable or audible click, it suggest congenital hip dysplasia.
* Murphy’s sign — Arrest of inspiration when palpating under the right ribcage in pt with Cholicystitis.
* Mac burney’s sign — tenderness at Mc Burneys point due to appendicitis.
* Rovsing’s sign Pain at Mc burneys point by pressing at LLQ.
* Homan’s sign — Calf pain on forced dorsiflexion of the foot due to deep venous thrombosis.
* Grey turner’s sign — Bluish discoloration of flank due to peritoneal hemorrhage (think of pancreatitis)
* Cullen’s sign: Bluish discoloration of periumbilical area due to retroperitoneal bleed (pancreatitis can also cause it)
* Cushing Reflex — HTN, Bradycardia and Irregular respiration due to high Intracranial pressure.
* Courvoisier’s sign — Painless palpable Gall bladder + jaundice due to pancreatic cancer.
* Beck’s Triad — Jugular venous distention + Muffle heart sound + hypotension suggest Cardiac temponade.