OXFORD RHEUMATOLOGY LIBRARY Systemic Lupus Erythematosus eBook PDF Free Download
OXFORD RHEUMATOLOGY LIBRARY Systemic Lupus Erythematosus eBook PDF Free Download • The first time the term lupus was used in the English literature was in the tenth century by Hebernus of Tours.
• The first description of the systemic nature of lupus was reported by
Kaposi in 872.
• The first description of the relapsing/remitting course of lupus was made by Osler between 895 and 904.
• The description of LE cells by Hargraves (948); the first murine model by Helyer (963); and the studies of familial aggregation by Leonhardt 1
(964) and Morteo (96) were the first steps towards understanding the
pathogenesis of lupus.
• Classification criteria for lupus were first proposed in 97 by the American
College of Rheumatology (then the American Rheumatism Association).
• Glucocorticoids, the cornerstone in the treatment of lupus, were first used
and reported by Hench in 950. The first randomized clinical trial using cyclophosphamide was conducted at the National Institutes of Health
(US) and reported in 97.
• Survival analyses in lupus were first reported by Merrell and Shulman in
955; the four-year survival was 5%.
• Non-Caucasian racial/ethnic groups experience lupus more frequently,
have a more severe disease, and have worse outcomes.
OXFORD RHEUMATOLOGY LIBRARYORL Systemic Lupus Erythematosus eBook PDF Free Download